Hi, my name is Robert Harrison. I am a Software Developer and owner of RWH Technology. I develop speech therapy apps for the iPhone and iPad. I am also an avid snow boarder and stand up paddle boarder. I am available for hire on a contract basis. Thanks.
iOS Developer and Owner/Sole Proprietor of RWH Technology. Available for contract work.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- M.A.Sc., University of Regina.
- Skilled with Objective-C and Xcode to develop iOS apps.
- 6 apps published on Apple App Store: 4 iPad and 2 universal.
- Experienced with iOS SDK and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience integrating third-party libraries and APIs.
- Strong database and front-end skills.
- Skilled at software design using UML and applying design patterns.
- Quality focus – unit, functional and regression testing.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Constantly learning, evaluating, and applying new technologies and best practices, such as Agile.
Objective-C, SQL, XML, JSON
Xcode, Git, Mercurial, Test Flight, Instruments
iOS SDK, Cocoa Touch, RESTful web services
- Owner and Sole Proprietor of RWH Technology.
- Design and Implementation of iOS apps for helping children improve their speech and language skills.
Speech Cards (universal app, Pro and Lite versions)
Speak Colors (iPad app, Pro and Lite versions, English and Spanish versions)
- SQLite database.
- AVFoundation for voice recording and playback.
- UIKit for user interface construction and management.
- StoreKit for In-App-Purchases.
- Integrated Bing Image Search (RESTful web service using JSON).
- App Marketing via social media, blog articles, press releases, advertising, interviews, professional conferences.
- Graphic Design of artwork for apps and marketing materials.
Clients: FiServ, Sempra Energy, Litton Loan Services, Auto Club of Southern California
- Documented the architecture and configuration of the Genesys environment.
- Analyzed the configuration of the Genesys environment and recommended a number of changes to improve the performance, stability, availability and management of the system.
- Genesys Technical Account Manager
- Provided architectural and functionality recommendations and input for architecture/design discussions.
- Facilitated communication between Genesys Product Management, Engineering, and Technical Support to ensure issues were resolved quickly.
- Enhanced the Genesys troubleshooting skills of the Sempra staff.
- Documented and implemented changes to all aspects of the Genesys system.
- Software Developer
- Demonstration of the product to the client.
- Provided support during the user acceptance testing phase.
- Provided support for the Genesys call routing strategies.
- Design, implementation and testing of database-driven call routing strategies using Genesys.
- Internal financial reporting system using C# and .Net.
- Developed a number of software applications (using Java, Python, C#, XML, OWL) to model objects and processes for selecting method of remediation of petroleum contaminated sites.
- Project leader for a small team developing a web-based (PHP), carbon dioxided data analysis system for the International Test Centre for CO2 Capture.
- Researched software and hardware for visualizing oil, gas and geology. Data gathered enabled supervisor to receive $104,000 in funding from Canada Foundation for Innovations (CFI).
- Server administration: Linux, Subversion, Apache HTTP Web Server.
- Published and presented research papers.
- Awarded Research Scholarship, University of Regina, September 2004 - November 2007.
Provided telephone technical support for Microsoft Office Setup, Outlook and Outlook Express.
- Maintenance and development of optical network planning applications using C++.
- Specialized in Software Engineering/Applied Artificial Intelligence.
- Research interests: Ontologies, Semantic Web, Software Engineering.
- 7 publications.
- Thesis: Tools for Industrial Knowledge Modeling and Management.
- Co-operative Education Program.